Shop Bunk Beds – Where to Buy Bunk Beds
In today’s economy, everyone is trying to save money. You don’t want to spend money on something that won’t work for you. There is more to consider in bunk bed shopping than most people realize. A bunk bed is an investment and careful consideration should be taken before the purchase. Here are a few tips to think about before you go shopping.
- What are my needs? Am I buying the bed for one person, a growing
family, or to have multiple options through the years? Am I buying this
bed because my child wants it or because we need it to support our growing
family or small living space? How long am I going to need this
bed? Is it short term like 4 years of college or the long term of 2 or
more childhoods? Is it going to be used by boys or girls – that could make
a difference? Do I need twin or full size beds? Do I need built in
storage, a desk, or a trundle for additional sleepers? What are my space limitations? How high are my ceilings? Will a bed fit in my room and still allow the clearance needed overhead? Will the bed be too near a light fixture or ceiling fan?
- What is my budget? You get what you pay for so look for good beds at a good price. Often the lower priced beds are designed for younger, lighter children and will be outgrown or used up in a few years. Higher priced beds are sturdier but may come with other options you don’t need. Compare prices to see what you are really getting for your money and then, buy the best you can afford.
- What beds are available – wood, metal, bunk, loft, futon, etc? What are the dimensions and will they fit into my space? What are the options that come with each bed?
- Will the bed meet my needs for the time I need it to? Will it withstand it’s intended use?
- Is the style trendy, funky, easily outdated or is it a classic style that will work for a long time in different situations with different bedding? Does my child like the style and can I live with it?
- Am I able to assemble the bed myself or do I need it delivered, assembled and placed in the room of my house? If you buy from your local furniture store, it will probably come assembled. If you choose to order online, you may have to assemble the bed but it could save you hundreds of dollars.
- Do I need a mattress too? What size do I need so it conforms to the safety standards of the bed?
- Once I have chosen the bed, is it at the best price I can find it for? Again, internet shopping can save money, especially if you already know what bed you are looking for.
- Does the bed conform to the safety standards of the CPSC? Most bunk beds must conform to these standards but never buy a bed that doesn’t.
If you have an answer to all these questions, you are on the right track to finding the perfect bunk bed for your family.